Tuesday, October 07, 2008

 

Dowra Sharings: 5 - Advice From Habib's Mother

On the 30th of June 2008 we visited the mother of our teacher Habib Umar.





If

a day

goes

past

without

an increase

in eeman,

then it's better

that the sun

didn't

rise



And

this is better

than the rising

of the sun

and

the sun

has

risen

all over

the

earth






Sitting here today thinking about Hababa's advice, I feel as awe-stricken now as I did whilst sitting in front of her on that day. Indeed one of the tragic misfortunes for me as a woman is the absence of such women in my immediate world. I intend to write some thoughts on this aspect of the trip at some point. God Willing. But for now, my prayer: May God Almighty preserve our beloved teacher & give us all the opportunity to learn from her oceanic being. Amen.

Images: taken whilst returning back to the Dowra House after Asr prayers at the Dar Az-Zahra.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
'Indeed one of the tragic misfortunes for me as a woman is the absence of such women in my immediate world'.

Oh, this is a beautiful line that resonates deeply with me too!! I too wish that I had a women like this in my life too (and all our lives). To see up close and personal how such pious women live their lives and conduct themselves, it is sorely needed.
 
:-)

Agreed Farzana!
 
subhan Allah.

I feel the same way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?